2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
100g dark chocolate, chopped (I used 70% dark chocolate)
1/2 cup thickened cream
8 strawberries, halved (you can use any type of fruit you like)
1 tbs. Queen vanilla bean dusting sugar (for dusting)
1. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs and milk and whisk until smooth.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with oil spray. Cook about 1/4 cup of batter for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through (make sure you don’t over cook the pancakes as it will burn easily and you will have that bitter taste). Transfer to a plate.
3. To make the ganache, place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until smooth.
4. Divide pancakes among serving plates and drizzle with chocolate. Top with strawberries or your favorite fruit. Dust with vanilla bean powder (you can use icing sugar if you like).
1×85 g packet Aeroplane port wine jelly
1×85 g packet Aeroplane mango jelly
1×85 g packet Aeroplane raspberry jelly
1×400 g jam roll, sliced
1×800 g can peach slices
1 x punnet strawberries, hulled, sliced, plus extra to decorate
1 cup cherries
750 ml bought thick custard
300 ml thickened cream, whipped
1 x ripe mango, thinly sliced
1. Prepare the jelly according to packet instructions, refrigerate until set. Cut into cubes.
2. Place the jam rolls in the base of a 3L shallow glass bowl, pressing onto the base. Top with half of the peach slices and drizzle 1/2 cup of peach juice. Layer with jelly cubes, strawberries, and remaining peach slices. Drizzle the custard over the top.
3. Spoon the whipped cream over the trifle and top with strawberries, cherries, red currants and mango slices. Place in the fridge until required.