6 x pieces of beef eye-fillet steak
12 x button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 x finely grated orange rind
1 tbls fresh orange juice
1 x zucchini, sliced
4 x squash, cut into quarters
2 tspn garlic (chopped)
1 x small red chilli, chopped (optional)
1 tbls red wine vinegar
1 tbls tomato sauce
2 tbls tomato sauce
20 g butter
4 Tbls rice bran oil or cooking oil
1/2 cup micro herbs (optional)
1. Tie kitchen strings around the steak to keep them in a round shape. Season the meat with salt and pepper both sides.
2. Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan on medium. Cook steaks 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate and set aside in a warm place to rest. Remove and discard the kitchen strings.
3. Meanwhile, place 2 tbs. of oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add butter. Sauté 1 tsp. of garlic for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Season with salt. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
4. Using the same pan, heat the rest of the oil and fry the zucchini and squash for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
5.Combine hoisin sauce, tomato sauce, chilli, orange rind, orange juice, red wine vinegar and the rest of the garlic in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until heated through.
6. To serve, divide zucchinis and squash on serving plates. Place 2 steaks on top of the zucchini and top the steak with mushrooms. Drizzle with orange hoisin sauce. Garnish with micro herbs.
1kg lamb riblets
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
1 long red chilli, chopped
2 tbs. coriander leaves
1. Place lamb in a large non-metallic bowl. Add hoisin, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix all ingredients until the meat is well coated. Marinate for 30-60 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place riblets on a large tray lined with foil or baking paper. Drizzle lamb with 2 tablespoons of rice bran oil or olive oil. Cook lamb for 15-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
3. Garnish with chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with boiled rice or salad greens.