4 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2/3 cups caster sugar
500ml thickened cream, whipped
1 punnet raspberries
1/4 cup Aeroplane Delightful Strawberry Topping
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Draw 4 x 12cm circles on each sheet of baking paper, leaving space between each circle for spreading.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks forms. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until sugar dissolves. Mixture should be stiff and glossy.
3. Spread the mixture evenly among the circles on trays. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave meringues to cool in oven with the door slightly ajar.
4. Spoon a little of the whipped cream on a meringue disc and top with another meringue disc. Repeat until the stack is 4 discs high.
5. Finish with whipped cream, top with raspberries and drizzle the strawberry topping over the meringue stacks.
200 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1 x punnet raspberries
1 x firm ripe mango
300 ml thickened cream
1 tspn caster sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
2. To create the chocolate baskets, use 150ml dariole moulds (you can use small glasses or small bowls). Invert the moulds and cover with baking paper and secure with kitchen strings or rubber band. You can make around 4-6 baskets depending on the size of the moulds.
3. Place melted chocolate in a paper piping bag. Pipe around the mould back and forth to create a lattice basket. Make sure to pipe a thick layer on the sides and base of the moulds. Place moulds in the freezer for 2 hours or until set.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until thick.
5. To serve, place chocolate baskets on serving plates. Put cream in the basket and top with mango cubes and raspberries. Garnish with mint leaves.
To achieve a glossy look for the raspberries, brush with a cooled raspberry flavored jelly and place them in the refrigerator to set.
You can replace cream with ice-cream and use your favorite fruit or use white chocolate to make the baskets.