200 g packet of chang’s egg noodles
1 x chicken breast
1 x small red capsicum diced
1 x carrot, cut into matchsticks
2 tspn sesame oil
3 x spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
1 x garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tspn light soy sauce
1 Tbls kecap manis (sweet soy sauce),plus extra to drizzle
1 tspn black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
3 tbs peanut oil or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cook noodles according to packet instructions, drain, add a dash of sesame oil and toss.
2. Grease a 12 hole mini muffin pan with peanut oil or olive oil. Press the cooked noodles into the base and sides of the muffin moulds to form the basket shapes. Brush again with peanut oil before baking for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove noodle baskets and place on tray lined with baking paper. Bake noodle nests for further 5- 6 minutes or until crisp.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining peanut oil in a frying pan, add chicken & cook for 3-5 minutes or until just cooked through. Add garlic, carrot, capsicum, spring onion,soy sauce, Kecap Manis and sesame seeds. Toss for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender crisp.
To serve, fill noodle baskets with the chicken mixture and drizzle with extra Kecap Manis. Garnish with spring onion.
500g minced pork
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 1/2 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs caster sugar
3 tbs cornflour
40 wonton wrappers
2 tbs kecap manis
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 small red chillli, sliced thinly
1. Combine minced pork, cabbage, sesame oil, sugar and cornflour in a large bowl. Season with salt and white pepper.
2. Place one wrapper on your hand, place 1 heaped of teaspoon of the pork mixture into the centre of wrapper. Gently cup your hand and gather sides of wrapper to form pleats, leaving top open. Repeat with remaining wrappers and pork mixture.
3. Place dim sims in single layer, about 1 cm apart in a steamer lined with baking paper, over pot or wok of boiling water. Steam, covered for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
4. To make the sesame dressing, place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well.
5. Serve dim sims with sesame dressing.