10 cherry truss tomatoes (see note)
80ml (1/3 cup) rice bran oil
2 bunches asparagus, halved diagonally
130g button mushrooms
1 small fresh red chilli (optional), seeded, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
6 lamb cutlets, French trimmed, excess fat trimmed
Thinly sliced spring onions (shallots), to serve
60ml (1/4 cup) kecap manis
1 tablespoon mirin seasoning
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place tomatoes on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon oil. Roast for 10 minutes or until softened slightly.
2. Meanwhile, to make the mirin glaze, place the kecap manis, mirin seasoning and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain. Keep warm.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Stir in mushrooms for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the chilli, sesame seeds and half the mirin glaze. Stir in asparagus for 1 minute or until warmed through.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb. Cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
6. Divide mushroom mixture and tomatoes among plates. Top with the lamb. Drizzle over remaining glaze. Top with spring onion.
This is one of my signature dishes. You can also get my recipe here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/31597/lamb+cutlets+asparagus+and+mushrooms+with+mirin+glaze
“This is great for the family, a dinner party or even a romantic dinner” – Sarah Lewis (Home cook of the year finalist 2012)