1 cup organic white quinoa
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 red onion, small dice
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup firm ripe mango, diced
1/4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
20 g butter
2 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls lemon juice
20 x green prawns, deveined, tails intact
1. Combine water and quinoa in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine mango, onion and pomegranate arils in a large bowl. Add quinoa. Stir in coriander leaves, olive oil and lemon juice. Season. Toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator until required.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large non-stick fry pan. Cook prawns on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until prawns begin to turn pink or until cooked through. Season. Serve prawns on skewers with quinoa
400ml light coconut milk
400ml reduced-fat milk
1/4 cup Natvia or fruit sugar or caster sugar
1/2 cup Arborio rice or any short grain rice
1/4 cup red quinoa, cooked
1/4 cup white quinoa, cooked
1. Place the coconut milk, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Stir in rice and cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy. Stir in the quinoa and cook for two minutes or until heated through. Set aside to cool. Divide coconut rice among serving bowls. Serve with your favourite fruit. Drizzle with honey.
2 x 4 racks of lamb, Frenched-trimmed
For the Harissa:
1 medium red capsicum, quartered, seeded
4 dried long red chillies
3 red bird’s-eye chillies, halved, seeded
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp. caraway seeds, toasted, ground
1 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted, ground
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Quinoa:
½ cup quinoa
1 cup water
¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1 firm ripe mango, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
¼ red onion, diced
¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1. To make harissa, place dried chillies in a small heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 cup of boiling water and stand for about 10 minutes until softened. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat grill to high and place capsicum skin-side up and cook for 10-15 minutes or until skin is blistered and darkened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool for 10 minutes. Rub off skins and discard.
3. Process capsicum, fresh chillies, soaked chillies, ground cumin, ground caraway, garlic, sugar, oil and ½ tsp. of salt in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Rub lamb with harissa paste. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
5. Preheat oven to 180. Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse under cold running water. Place in a bowl and cover with water. Set aside for 20 minutes to soak. Drain.
6. Place the quinoa and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Separate with a fork and set aside to cool.
7. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb, fat-side down, and cook, turning on all sides, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer lamb racks to a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes until lamb is medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest lamb for 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, combine mango, pomegranate seeds and onion in a large bowl. Add quinoa and gently toss to combine. Drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt. Lastly, toss in the coriander leaves. Place lamb on serving plates with quinoa salad. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: Add more chillies to make it spicier and fewer chillies to reduce.
If fresh mangoes are unavailable, substitute for frozen mangoes (thawed) or canned mangoes.
300g fusilli dried pasta
200g green beans (uncooked), cut into 3cm. lengths
½ red onion, diced
400g tuna chunks (in spring water)
400g chick peas, rinsed, drained
400g 4 bean mix, rinsed, drained
1/3 cup red quinoa, cooked
4 tbs. balsamic vinegar
4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
2. Add all the ingredients and toss to combine. Season with sea salt to taste.
· To cook quinoa: Rinse and drain. Soak 1 cup of quinoa in 1 ¼ cups of water for 15 minutes, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let it cool.